Not only do we work locally, we live locally. From our rigorous community events program to donating generously to charitable
causes, we’re proud to serve the Northwest and help make it an even better place to live, work, learn, and play.
- We strive to improve the quality of life in the communities we serve. That’s one of PEMCO’s core values, and it’s the
foundation of our corporate citizenship philosophy.
- We serve our communities through employee engagement and corporate donations.
PEMCO supports and encourages its employees to actively engage in their communities:
- PEMCO offers each employee 8 hours of paid time per year to volunteer for a nonprofit of his or her choice.
- Employees lead monthly drives to collect valuables (blood, food, clothing), raise funds (bake sales), gather donations (fun runs), and a range of other charitable activities.
- Employees lend their leadership, skills, knowledge, and experience to serve on boards and advisory councils for nonprofit organizations.
Each year PEMCO donates 5% of its increase in surplus, based on a five-year rolling average, to Northwest charities that primarily benefit education, youth, public safety, and health.
Examples include Washington DECA, Junior Achievement, Crimestoppers, and Harborview Medical Center.
PEMCO founder Robert J. Handy was a school teacher. Our commitment to education remains strong, and many PEMCO employees volunteer in the classroom and for scholastic programs.
Donating and volunteering are long-term investments in our communities and our future.
For more information, contact Community@pemco.com