- Determine if there are any injuries.
- Call 911 for help, if needed.
- Move your car to the side of the road, if it is possible to do so safely.
- Step away from traffic.
- Exchange insurance information.
- Don’t discuss responsibility for the accident with anyone except the police.
- Don't discuss policy limits with anyone.
Record the facts you can safely gather.
- Date, time, and location of the accident
- The names, addresses, and telephone numbers of registered owners, injured people, occupants of other cars, and witnesses
- Description and license numbers of the other cars involved
Report the accident.
- From a safe location, report the accident to the police.
- Call PEMCO at 1-800-467-3626. We’ll get the information you’ve collected and begin the claims process.
Your claims representative will walk you through the claims process.
Here’s an overview of the process:
First, we’ll confirm the coverages in effect at the time of the accident and explain how they apply in your situation. If we’re unsure whether or not there’s coverage, our Claims Department will investigate further and keep you updated on the progress of the investigation.
Depending on the kind of claim, we’ll investigate who is responsible for causing the damages. Some claims require thorough investigation to determine liability and will be sent to our Claims Department.
While every claim is different, we’ve established solid processes for evaluating the damages on a claim. These processes might include our Timesaver Repair Program, reviewing a submitted estimate, or working with a contractor to get a bid for repairs.
Based on that evaluation, we’ll make payment under the provisions of your policy. This may entail getting a release from someone who has a claim against you or may be as simple as paying the towing company’s bill.
If you’re hurt or your property is damaged as a result of someone else’s negligence and PEMCO makes a payment on your behalf, we’ll attempt to recover the money we’ve paid from the at-fault party. This includes reimbursing you for your deductible from the first funds we recover.