Facts - What does PEMCO do with your personal information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
Social Security number and payment history
Transaction history and medical information
Credit-based insurance scores and insurance claim history.
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information, the reasons PEMCO chooses to share, and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does PEMCO share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes – such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes – to offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your transactions and experiences||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness||No||We do not share|
|For our affiliates to market to you||No||We do not share|
|For nonaffiliates to market to you||No||We do not share|
Questions? Call 1-800-GO-PEMCO (1-800-467-3626)
Who we are
Who is providing this notice?
PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company and its affiliate, PEMCO Insurance Agency, Inc., collectively called “ PEMCO” throughout this document.
What we do
How does PEMCO protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does PEMCO collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- apply for insurance
- open an account
- pay your insurance premium
- use your credit or debit card
- file an insurance claim.
We also collect your personal information from others such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you.
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. The PEMCO family includes:
- PEMCO Insurance Agency, Inc.
- PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- We do not share with nonaffiliates so they can market their products to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include companies such as financial service providers.
Other important information
GO PEMCO App
- If you voluntarily participate in our telematics usage-based insurance program, (Telematics Program), we will collect information about your driving behavior including but not limited to hard braking, excessive speed, phone motion, type of roads driven and collision information.
- The app collects location data in order to evaluate your driving even when the app is closed or not in use.
- Your information, which may include your location, will be used for research and development as described in our endorsement.
- We may use and share this information with third parties as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to improve its products, offer you content, products or services, and provide services or technologies to you.
To see your information, write to us at PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company, PO Box 778, Seattle, WA 98111-0778, ATTN: Record Request. Please give us your full name, address, policy number, and the information you want. Within 30 days, we’ll share what we have. If you think any information is incorrect, you may write to us. Because we collect some information from other sources, we‘ll tell you who to contact to correct the information.
Updated June, 2022