The countdown is almost over – football season is just around the corner! And to kick off the new season, we have someone we’d like you to meet: our new Northwest Profile #12, Supercharged Seahawks Fan Michael Eng!
So what makes Mikey our new Supercharged Seahawks Fan? It all started with our “Best of the Nest” contest – a search to find the biggest, most Supercharged Seahawks Fan around. We invited fans, just like you, to submit your most supercharged fan photo to Instagram during the Hawks’ action-packed 2013 season.
After reviewing hundreds of photos and reading each finalist’s essay on why they should be featured as our Supercharged Seahawks Fan profile, the Seahawks helped us chose Mikey as the winner!
His dedication to the team (he’s been a season ticket-holder for 13 seasons!), his time-intensive game-day prep, and his endless 12th fan energy made him a clear winner.
A few fun facts about our new Supercharged Seahawks Fan:
- It takes him about three hours on game day to get his two-foot-tall green-and-blue mohawk styled and his face painted!
- It’s also a family affair – his wife helps with the styling and his daughters are designated hairspray can shakers.
- Where does he get all the colored hairspray? He stocks up at post-Halloween sales. He has to – it takes two cans of color hairspray per game to get his look!
- Nothing covers his jersey on game day. Even if he wears a poncho, the jersey is always on the outside.
- He only wears his game-day Nikes at CenturyLink Field.
- His Christmas decorations were blue and green (of course), but this custom Seahawks piece?
One thing we know for sure, Mikey will be in the stadium with the rest of us 12s, ready to see the Hawks start another great season. Mikey — you’re a lot like us, a little different. Go HAWKS!